WordPress Website Setups
for Self-Employed Folk
Ellie works with self-employed folk, hobbyists & enthusiasts who want simple sites setting-up that they can manage themselves.
Ellie uses WordPress because it's perfect for these types of sites. It also happens to be free, which obviously reduces the cost of your getting online. Updating your own content is quick and easy and very similar to Microsoft Word. Then there are all those 'plugins', which are just chunks of pre-packaged code that allow your site to do whatever you need it to and without your needing to touch a line of code... from availability calendars to contact forms, the list is seemingly endless. Not only that but WordPress is also search engine friendly and built to last. And there are literally thousands of both free and paid themes (designs) to choose from; Ellie uses free WordPress-approved themes as standard, again helping to keep costs down.
What's not to love?
WordPress setups: cost just £175 and give you everything you need to get started... just add your content!
Included in the price:
- Domain name & hosting for the first year: choose a .co.uk or com domain name and that, along with your hosting, are included for the first year (approx £30 per year thereafter). If you'd prefer to use your own hosting company, then Ellie charges at cost plus time taken (@ £35/hour).
- Responsive designs: that display well on mobiles, tablets & PCs/laptops (and which Google now rank higher in their search results).
- Contact form: includes fields: Name, Email, Phone Number & Message - just let Ellie know which email address to send your messages to!
- Automated content backups: this is technology, after all and like good Scouts, we like to be prepared!
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): helping your site be as SEO-friendly as possible, we include 2 plugins to help and include a free Intro to SEO, giving you, erm, a quick introduction to SEO - including a few key pointers and lots of common sense.
- Content Writing Guidelines & Worksheet: writing our own website content can be quite tricky because we need to see our site as our visitors do, yet we have years of experience and have long-since forgotten what it's like not to! Use this 10 page PDF & 8 page worksheet that Ellie's put together to help you assemble your website content so it makes sense to your visitors and has them taking the action you want them to, all whilst helping you stay sane!
Additional Services Available
Just let Ellie know what you're looking for and she'll advise accordingly. Free estimates are provided up-front; agreed work is charged at £35/hour.
"I found Ellie’s services efficient and expert; she asked the right questions, went above and beyond the brief and stuck to budget. She was very personable, helpful and a clear communicator – and delivered my website project complete and with notes on how best to take any future activity forward. I would highly recommend Ellie’s work."
"I have been a client of Ellie’s since 2008. I first engaged her services when I became self employed and required a website to promote my business. Straight away I was struck by Ellie’s efficiency, knowledge and her ability to explain the technical aspects of web design in a simple manner. Since my website went online I have requested several updates, which have always been dealt with swiftly and professionally. Ellie has also come up with invaluable ideas to improve my site and its search engine rankings. Aside from my own good opinion, I’m constantly receiving positive comments on the design and user friendliness of my site from my own new clients, which only serves to confirm the importance of it in attracting customers… I could go on forever but to cut a long story short, if you need a website Ellie is the girl for you."
"Having the opportunity to work with Ellie on my business was extremely productive. If I had known sooner about the service she provides, I would have saved myself a lot of time and effort struggling with setting up my website and learning how to use WordPress. The phone tutorials and sessions are at convenient times, and target problem areas straight away, getting me sorted and moving forward a whole lot quicker. For anyone in a similar situation, I would highly recommend using this service."
"I absolutely love it!"
"Just wanted to say thank you for doing such an excellent job on getting my website up and running. Your service was very quick and very professional."
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please complete the form below and Ellie will be in touch: